Holy Trinity Church
Holy Trinity church was built in 1857 by the late Miss Barrett, of Prescott, on land given by the late Charles Kynaston Mainwaring Esq to join the expanding development of Weston Wharf with the rest of the village. However, with the advent of the Railway in nearby Baschurch and the Ellesmere Canal never reaching Shrewsbury, plans for major expansion of the village declined (from Kelly's Directory of Shropshire (1895).
There is more information on the Forebears website.
Church services are held on the 1st (Family Worship) and 3rd (Holy Communion) Sundays in the month at 9.30am. Refreshments are served after the services.
The village still retains its Church of England Primary School and there are strong links between the school and church with regular school events being held in church – Harvest, Christmas Carol Service, Leavers Service, etc.
See Holy Trinity Church on Facebook for more information.